Here's a diagram showing what I do on a high level.
An arrow pointing from A to B, with a number N at the origin of the arrow, indicates that if I'm found in State A at a given time, there is a probability of N that I would be found in State B about 30 minutes later.
If you find a prettier Markov chain, please show me where it is.
More detailed description of the states, with steady states (expected time spent per day) according to Markov chain matrix calculations...
Biological housekeeping (~9.226 hrs)
- Anything directly related to eating
- Grooming, e.g. showering (why yes)
- Setting up simulations and running them, i.e. babysitting
- Looking up papers and reading them
- Visualizing data
- Analyzing data
- Research meetings
- Making PowerPoint presentations
- Watching online lectures
- Reading "layman" books about quantum physics, neuroscience, psychology, philosophy, sociology, history, culture, religion, etc.
- Watching documentaries
- Writing nerdy poetry
- Writing sci-fi
- Reading manga & watching anime
- Reading sci-fi
- Hulu surfing
- Biking in quasi-Brownian motion
- Shooting darts
- Making (mostly) abstract art
- Fiddling with music synthesizer
- Listening to certain songs in loop
- Talking to people online or offline
- Hanging out, etc...